Who is The King of Cricket?
- Who is the King of Cricket? Over the past 100 years, there have been many great cricket players, but few have ruled the field like Virat Kohli did when he was captain of the India cricket team. We all can consider Virat Kohli as the King of cricket without any doubt. He can chase down big targets, score centuries almost at will, and back up what he says in press conferences and on the field.
- Virat Kohli has been sharing his dressing room with some of the modern cricket legends non-other unlike captain cool MS Dhoni who is considered the new god of cricket after Sachin Tendulkar. In RCB he shared his dressing room with someone from another universe Mr. 360 AB de Villiers and who can forget The one and only universal boss Chris Gayle, and many more. But in the last ten years, no one has been close to achieving as King Kohli achieve in his career.
Here are the reasons why Virat Kohli is considered as “King of cricket”
- Virat Kohli managed to win the ICC Cricketer of the Decade award in 2020 which is the most dominant year for him.
- Virat Kohli is the batsman in One Day 50 over cricket who has scored the most centuries against one team. Kohli has scored nine centuries against the West Indies. This is the same number of hundreds as the legend of the Indian side, Sachin Tendulkar, who has hit 9 centuries versus Australia. Kohli, on the other side, achieved that in just 42 matches. In ODI cricket, Kohli also has hit 8 hundred versus Australia & Sri Lanka, 5 versus New Zealand, & 4 versus South Africa.
- Virat Kohli is also the fastest cricket player in One day International to score 12,000 runs. He reached the mark in just 251 games, which put him ahead of players like Sachin Tendulkar (300 games), Ricky Ponting (314 games), and Kumar Sangakkara (336 games), Sanath Jayasuriya (379 games), and Mahela Jayawardene (400 games). Many of India’s successful runs have been made possible by how well he bats. Kohli has helped Team India move up a lot in the ICC rankings over the past few years.
- When Virat Kohli took over India’s Test captainship India was in 7th position in test ranking. At that time Virat Kohli said that “ India will dominate in test cricket” and guess what he did it. Indian team dominant entire world cricket in the test for next 5 years. Under Virat Kohli’s captainship, India became the first Asian team to win the Test series in Australia. India also wins the Series in England which is a huge huge thing to be part of. But unluckily India lose in Test Championship Final And after that South Africa Test series he takes his captainship to rest. He was the best test captain India could ever have.
- In T20, Kohli’s numbers only get better. With seven, he is the player in T20I cricket who has won the most Man of the Series awards. He is much greater than someone like Babar Azam, Glenn Maxwell, David Warner, and many more. He is also consistent in all three types of cricket. In Test matches, ODIs, and T20Is, he has won almost 19 Player of the Series awards, which is the second-most of any cricket player in the world.
- Virat Kohli has scored 30 fifties in his T20 international career with the highest career batting average of 51.50. No one is even close to him in modern cricket.
- also, he’s one of the richest cricketer in the world.
From “U-19 Prince” to “King of World Cricket,” Kohli’s Story:
- So, how did the talented but careless, chubby, and fidgety teenager who was discovered when he was only 19 years old become a mature, bearded leader of men and one of the best hitters of all time? Kohli’s story of change will be a case study for sure.
- It all started with his unwavering desire to become a fitter cricketer, and a fitter cricketer is often a better cricketer. But it’s not just how much he cares about fitness. Kohli’s success can be attributed to how well he knows himself as a cricket player.
- The man has always been brutally honest and ready to accept his flaws and work on them all the time. He realised where his hitting had been weak and worked very hard to make it stronger. He was always trying to get better, so he was willing to take advice from more experienced players.
Also check out:- Virat Kohli vs Rohit Sharma
International cricket batting statistics for Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli is one of the best cricket players in the world right now, and he is easily a modern-day legend. He has numbers that not many cricket players in the history of the game ever could match. It also shows why the king of cricket deserves to be called the ICC Men’s ODI Player of the Decade.
- In 100 Tests, Virat Kohli has scored a total of 8,007 runs, with 257 being his best score. He has been scored 27 centuries and 28 half-centuries, giving him an average of 50.35 in test matches. He is second in a group of very good cricket players who have scored two 200s in a Test series. Virat Kohli became the first-ever captain to score 2 century in one test match as a captain.
- Kohli’s stars shine in one-day internationals (ODIs), where he has scored over 12,000 runs in 260 games and made 43 tonnes and 64 fifties. He is second in terms of the number of centuries in ODI cricket the only cricketer who has more ODI centuries than Virat is Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. Virat is also third on the list of players with the most runs scored in a series (453) and fifth on the list of players with the most hundreds scored in a calendar year (5 in total).
- Kohli has never scored a hundred in a T20I But he scores 4 centuries in one IPL which is the most by any other player. Virat Kohli also has the best batting average in T20Is, with a score of 51.50. With 298 fours in T20Is, Kohli is second only to Ireland’s PR Stirling for the most fours in the shortest format.
Virat Kohli: Record as Captain:-
- Even though Virat Kohli hasn’t won any big titles as captain of Team India, he has been a very good captain in the Test format. Kohli has been India’s captain for 68 Test matches. In those games, he has led the team to 40 wins, giving him a win percentage of 59, which is very good in the longest format.
- In ODIs, Kohli is the fourth most successful Indian cricket Team captain after Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, and Mohammed Azharuddin. He has won 65 of 95 games. But he was still the second-highest run-scorer as an Indian captain, with 5449 runs, after MS Dhoni (6641). With 21 centuries as captain of Team India, Kohli is second only to Ricky Ponting on the list of captains with the most hundreds.
- He is also the second most successful Indian T20I captain after MS Dhoni, with 30 wins out of 50 T20I matches. He scored 1000 runs in T20Is in just 30 games, making him the fastest captain to reach that milestone. We can’t even explain all things Virat Kohli has done for his team someone like him was born only once in one century. If someone writes a book about his half of the book would be about his cricket records. There is no one like Virat The king of the Cricket. Only one king only one Virat Kohli.
Some great words from legends for Virat Kohli:-
Who is the king of cricket in India?
- We can consider Virat Kohli the king of cricket.
Who is the king of cricket in IPL?
- 4 IPL league champions Chennai Super Kings are the king of cricket IPL also with the best victory rate of 59.83.
Who is the old king of cricket?
- Ricky Ponting was the old King of Cricket.
Who is the new king of cricket?
- Virat Kohli is the new king of cricket.
Who is the king of cricket bowling?
- James Anderson the King of Swing.